Monday, April 14, 2008

The Continuing Saga of the Floor Tile

Today I decided that I would order the Eco-Gres Mosaic tile for my bathroom despite needing to order nearly twice the quantity I needed. I decided I would use the extra tile to create a horizontal stripe about 2/3 of the way up in my shower (with white subway tile above and below). Or maybe I would use it to create a back splash in my kitchen. So I placed an order. My credit card was charged (I even received a fraud check phone call about the transaction from my credit card company-- this project is certainly resulting in charges that deviate from my usual patterns). All was looking good...

...Until my phone rang this afternoon. The manufacturer is out of stock of my tile. Estimated lead time is 16 weeks. It's time to move on to something else...

2 comments:

Pieceful Jane said...

AUGH! Isn't that always how it goes? It sounds like you are taking on quite an extensive project.

Martian Bracelets said...

Subway Tiles! Splash!

You are clearly buzzing. This set back is nothing.

p.s. What's the name of that store by your house where you got the CFLs? It had just opened when I was visiting. I often wonder how it's going for them.